For the effective administration and general management of the Society, the overall governance of the Society is vested on the Board of Directors. The board oversees the operation of the Society through acting as fiduciaries. The board consists of professionals having experiences of more than 30 to 40 years at high level positions. They are the retied red-scarf senior civil servants and armed force personnel. The board members set society’s policies, operational guidelines, work plans, strategies and estimate budget for the financial year.
The executive director manages the overall implementation of programmes, projects, human resources, staffing and financials of the Society. The day-to-day management of the secretariat functions under the direct supervision of the executive director, and the secretariat is supported by the staff members.
To inspire senior citizens to lead lives that brings meaning and fulfillment to themselves and to the society at large.
To inspire senior citizens remain meaningfully engaged through:
- Peer Counseling-transitioning/adjust to retired life and explore options for better life.
- Support by providing information related to medical care, legal advice, financial matters, pilgrimage and religious pursuits.
- Strengthening the vital power of old age through various lifestyle techniques like yoga, retreat, meditation etc.
- To harness the knowledge and experiences of senior citizens for the benefit of the society by:
- Bridging the gaps between the youth and senior citizens through interactive participation.
- Enhancing and creating awareness on social welfare policy needs and promoting the Rights of older senior citizens.
- Working towards the production and promotion of culture and heritage, and pristine environment conservation
- To provide support and assistance to underprivileged old age senior citizens by:
- Providing free legal advices to needy ones
- Supporting and nurturing the needy elderly citizens to live dignified lives.
- Providing adequate livelihood opportunities and entrepreneurship programmes.
- To mobilize funds and resources for sustaining programmes and activities of the Society towards the fulfillment of its overall objectives